zaterdag 12 mei 2012

Wandering warrior

A wandering warrior... I guess my love for that term grew thanks to playing final fantasy all these years.
The idea of a lone traveller trying to survive as he/she looks for whatever lies in it's future sounds very appealing to me.
Just going forward, not looking back, facing everything that comes in your way without hesitation; meeting people along the way that you later on concider as friends... or rivals...
the life of a wandering warrior is one that I often dream about.
I've been writing for a while now on a this fantasy-faerytale story in which some of the characters are what I like to call " wandering warriors ".
Designing them and creating them is what is for me the most time consuming.
Not because I find it the most difficult part, but simply because I want it to be perfect.
I don't just want an empty shell, I want a character that's 'human '. ( even if the character itself isn't human if you know what I mean )
Anyway, now, I'm thinking about their outfits.
floating, waving layers, mostly one coloured, held together with belts and buckles, straps and ropes. weaponry hidden somewhere between those layers of different fabrics and material, decorated with metal ornaments and objects they've collected on their travels. Elegant, mesmerizing, yet a shade that slips by and is never to be seen again.
This is what I think fits my idea of the wandering warrior.
Luckely tumblr is filled with gorgeous outfits that fit the athmosphere of the " wandering warrior " I wish to create.
( thank you Tumblr !! )



I'm trying to make a wandering warrior outfit for my BJD, Blood. and for myself!
They are both starting to take form.
And once my outfit is done I'de love to do a shoot with it!
I hope a photographer will be interested in this idea.
I'll be waiting to sell my swords, daggers, shuriken aso for a while as well. I might use them for that photoshoot.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten