dinsdag 15 mei 2012

Metal Engraving




So, In september I'll start with a new course at evening school. Metal engraving.
This year I've done 2 modules of Waxcasting and molding.
One year is ofcourse not enough to really get good in it.
But knowing the basics will already help me on my way a lot.
plus, it will open my world a bit more, knowing what's possible and what not.
Even if I won't be able to do it myself in the end anyway, knowing it's out there and how it works will have affect on my designs and make them more varied.

Also, if I really like it I can just take extra classes and do some home schooling.


I'll have to buy a lot of material though, but it's worth it! Engraving really is something that will bring so much more to my work.
I think it would suit my ' style ' as well, and it will allow me to create this athmosphere I so desperatly want to express in my work.
Details, subtile markings, soft and elegant lines.... Those things I really want to put in my future jewellery .
Engraving is so underrated as well. It's a lost art, which is sad in a way because it's just so beautifull.




plus I think you can do so much more with it than just ' classic ' engraving work.
and also, who sais I have to limit myself to metal ?
There's wood, bone aso I can also engrave.
because if you can do it in metal, you can do it in anything really... I do know I'll cut myself a lot.
The tools are ridiculously sharp and accidents happens really fast.

who knows, the bones in my hand might get 'engraved ' as well :') by accident that is.

Could be pretty, no ?




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten