maandag 21 mei 2012

Wax bird skulls

So, I was asked to make a birdskull necklace in silver for a dear friend.
She had given me a very cheap ring with a little birdskull.
She told me I could use it to make some jewellery for myself as well, Hoozah!

The metal was awfull.... My saw went through it like it was butter.
And because I was curious I heated some parts.... and what happened I simply can't explain. I'm pretty sure it was just a mess of garbage melted together. It was awfull....
However, I had to clean it up completely before I could make a mold of it.
I opened the eyes, made the lines in the skull more clear and made the inside hollow.

When done, I made a mold, poored wax into it , and this is what came out!



I'll get one cast tomorrow, polish it nicely and make a pendant out of it.
I hope she'll like it. otherwise she's always free to tell me and I'll change it.

The others I'll keep to myself and experiment with a little bit more.
I can carve into it, add more elements, change their shape some more... It'll be fun! And I have such wild plans for these other pieces.
Also, I have the mold! So I can cast as much as I want!
I really can't wait to get started on these.


oh, and I'ts decided....I'm going for the Loki figure after all!
Because...well...

2 opmerkingen: