zaterdag 12 mei 2012

Teaser shoot ' The client Kontich '




Kristel Merckx, the photographer, uploaded some teasers on her facebook page of the shoot I've done for the Client Kontich.  ( https://www.facebook.com/kristel.merckx?ref=ts )
Love the contrast between the dark scales and my white skin and dress .

Yeah...you can't see that much yet, but I guess that's why it's called a teaser, right ?

I can't wait for the rest. I had so much fun, some were terrified of the snakes. ( two hairdressers and one of the models ) and so things were a little tense while the snakes were out.
luckely they were so friendly and curious. They seemed to be okay with me handeling them.
Some were calm while other were very active and refused to stay still.
At first I too was afraid, but not of the snakes, but of handeling them. I was afraid I'd hurt them or make them feel uncomfortable or stress them out.
But, after a few minutes they had grown used to me and they allowed me to do everything with them really!
" You, go there, no there! and you...yes there! don't move now! ...you, what do you think you're doing ?"
Yes the hairdressers and other models were looking at me in a funny way for I was talking to them between taking pictures. ofcourse the snakes ignored me completely...

They were plain adorable though... I've always liked the idea of having a snake. but it's the feeding part I dislike....
However, There are snakes small enough to keep without having to feed them rats and mices , no ? I'm sure there are.
hmmm... Might be an idea for when I'm living on my own.

This tiny, thin snake would look gorgeous with my BJDs as well :') I'd shoot them together all the time!

You'll have to wait a while for the actual pictures though. First, they must finish the book for the client in which the pictures will be seen, and only after that we models will be allowed to spread the pictures ourselves.


5 opmerkingen:

  1. There are plenty of snakes that lives on other things (like insects) then of mice & rats. Can't remember which ones exactly, but there are (and some really pretty ones to :D)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah you have plenty of these lovelies that live on insects alone. Still, keeping snakes is far from an easy task.
      However, I really do love the idea of owning one... And letting it guard my BJDs.

      Plans for later though. I don't even dare to ask my parents if I can keep one here. Once I'm on my own though, I'll do whatever I want, and buy all the snakes I want. ( will only be one, max two though XD )

      Verwijderen
  2. I can still remember the day as it happened an hour ago when I was still a little girl, walked to my parents & asked if I could have a king cobra. Or more ... yeah demanded I would get one...

    & yeah: keeping snakes is not easy. Readed a lot about it when I was younger (I had my dinosaur & reptilian years ... still slumbering I guess ... XD).

    Now I still want my kings cobra though ... Oops.
    They be so amazingly pretty O_O

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yeah I've asked my parents for the craziest things as well. XD hahaha
    A king cobra ...no thanks :') to keep them and be sure it won't kill you you'll have to sew the mouth shut or pull it's teeth out.... And I think that's kinda sad for such a noble snake.
    No, I think a king cobra belongs on the wild. It's no pet material.
    But I agree that they are so gorgeous. XD actually all animals that are made to kill are insanely gorgeous.

    after doing some research now I found that the garter snake is the smallest one you can keep as a pet. But once they're older and fully grown you'll have to be feeding them a lot more than just insects. They even eat frogs, lizards and mice as well of course.
    Luckely they're perfectly fine with dead food :') and some even feed them chicken, fish aso... So the feeding part isn't that much of a problem with the garter snake.
    Melanistic Eastern Garter Snake is my fav I think.... They're completely black with just a white dot on their chin. Adorable!

    Plus they're hyper active snakes :') perfect for me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yez indeed, I do not want either to sew the mouth shut or pull their teeth out. If you can't handle an animal, you shouldn't keep it. Same with keeping felines like panthers or lions or other animals. So no kings cobra for me either. But they're just so royal & amazing. But I guess that's why they are also called "king" after all :p

    As child I fell in love with the coral snake (COLORS :D hahaha. And again superpoisoneus >_> I always tend to get the most deadly it seems xd) & many other colorful snakes. But I lost a lot if info. Maybe I should go reading again a little bit.

    That Garter snake does sounds very pretty btw :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen