maandag 6 augustus 2012

Hummingbird moth



While I was away, I went to the south of France. Where exactly I can't really tell...
It's the first time ever we travelled that far together with my disabled brother.
It was more of a test, really. We were terrified when we left for the 9 hour drive. We had no idea if he could last that long. But he has gained strength in these past few years so we realized that it was now or never.
And, it actually went perfectly well! We had such a wonderfull vacation there and my parents are so happy, they're planning on buying their own little house in france.

I'm really glad, so glad it could bring tears to my eyes really. We never dared to leave our house, and now, my mother and father are looking for a nice house in the south of france.



anyway, while I was there I was truly fascinated by the gorgeous nature that surrounded our little house.
I often just went for a walk, and stopped in the middle of nowhere to draw new character designs for my story.
It really gave me such an inspiration boost!

Also, for those that know me, will know that I just adore hummingbirds. I've always wanted to see one in the wild, but I never got the chance to.
In france there were no hummingbirds, but there were hummingbird moths! The closest one can find to a real hummingbird!
So ofcourse I stole my mother's camera and stalked the poor little creatures as soon as I found one. Aren't they gorgeous ? The colours were just amazing and they looked so fluffy !





4 opmerkingen:

  1. We also have a few of those in our garden here in Belgium o_O Now idea how they got here but we see them sometimes in the summer :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yeah I've seen one once in my garden as well. My mother and I were super surprised. it was a lot smaller and different from the ones we saw in France, though.
    but gorgeous anyway!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yeah indeed! I found one for the first time here, but when we where in France we them suddenly twice the size of the first one. I've been trying to photograph them, but they are so damn fast o_o

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Fast they are indeed! O_O I took a bunch of pictures and I only managed to take a few good ones. Thank god my mom's camera is so darn good!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen