woensdag 8 augustus 2012

Dr Naptime

So, I made a necklace for my evil minion, Dr Naptime.
some may know her as Milinda....
It took me a while to finish but I'm glad with the end result!
Everything is silver, except for the back plate, that's enamelled copper.
I also Rhodiated the silver, The black Rhodium is actually a black-coloured layer of gold.
That's why it has this grey-blackish tone all over.
Before I rhodiated the silver, I sandblasted it.
this, was to give it a satin like shine.
Once Sandblasted and Rhodiated, I polished the chains and some parts of the silver wire work.
To make it a bit more lively.
The beads are onix, for those who wonder.

Now, all that's left is to find a nice black ribbon to pull through the top, so it's ready to wear.

I won't give it to her yet though, I first need to make sure I'll find a new workingspot. they'll want to see what I've made this year so I'll need to show this as well.
She doesn't read my blog so it's save to post here. it's still a surprise, you see.

so for those who know her, don't tell! she knows I've made something for her but she has no idea just what it is.




2 opmerkingen: