dinsdag 1 januari 2013

Alexander

Of all the characters I've designed, Alexander must be one of my favourites.
I tried to keep his design simple, and his background and personality a lot more complex.
I wont tell his story though, simply because there's to much to tell and I'm still working on the details.
What I can tell though, is that there's a lot more to Alexander than what meets the eye.

he's wise, older than he looks, strong, anti-sociaal and he's always on the move. Like a ghost he holds many secrets and never wishes to share them, he barely even show his face.
Yet he carries many scars of his past. Behind his stern expression lies a broken man, But, He will fix what he can and he won't just give up on all he has lost. A true warrior, brave with eyes as red as Alexandrite can be. But, lost, wandering, longing for a past he once had, as blue as an Alexandrite can be.
   
He, is my personification of the most beautful and one of the rarest gemstones in the world, Alexandrite.
So ofcourse choosing a name for this character was easy.
As for his design I wanted him to look like a wandering man with no home, lost and always on the move. But strong, a warrior, one to be feared.
Because the colours red and blue needs to stick out, I decided to leave all the other colours out of his design. His hair is as pale as his skin, only his reddish eyes stick out, so an albino.
I love how the light can change the albino-eyes from red to blue, so it fits perfectly with the alexandrite theme.
His clothing are the same shade of rich-blue that Alexandrite mostly has...you can barely call them clothes though, they're just layers of fabric kept together with ropes. very wandering-ish indeed!

This is the first sketch I've made of him, but I'll make more, even try a portret once, his expression needs to be perfect, it needs to fit Alexandrite. So I'll probably work long on that one before I'm satisfied.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten