zaterdag 19 januari 2013

A true crystal child


Crystal children have always fascinated me.
And so what started as a design for stretches, ended in a in crystal covered naked woman.
As for her unique hairstyle, I once dreamed I had breast cancer, and when bald because of chemo-therapy, I got my skull tattooed. I didn't want to wear wigs all the time to hide my condition, I had forced myself to see beauty even in those difficult times. So, my skull was ornamented with flowers, roses, pedals, crystals aso... everything beautiful.
I never forgot that dream.... Maybe because I'm utterly terrified of that horrible disease... I often catch myself thinking about it, and then I ask myself ' what if ? '
My friends all know me as a paranoid person, I often scare myself, I have the craziest mind, really.

And in this drawing, I think, I pictured a woman who's strong, a warrior, a fighter, one who won't give up. I pictured her naked, her breast showing and her nipples exposed and pierced, to pull even more attention to them.
She might lose one, maybe both... yet her expression is strong, she stands tall and her eyes and posture show pride.

This, has made her a crystal child, she grew into something that is ' beyond human '. Someone people look up to, someone that leaves an impression, one that inspires. She was forced to become this, it was either that, or give up.

So I guess, I drew a woman I wish I could become one day.
Someone who, even if going through a lot of trouble , won't ever give up, and will rise above it, whatever it is.
This is true strength to me. Making the best out of the worst. finding light in the dark.

Everyone has been in the darkness once, and will be again in the future. Life is filled with ups and downs, some people experience those downs more than others.
Feeling sad, troubled and scared while in this darkness is no sign of weakness, as long as you decide to stand up one day, place one foot in front of the other again and pull yourself out of that darkness.
The darker that darkness the more difficult it will be to not get lost in it.

So to me, someone who's been in the darkest of darkness, no matter in what way, and yet manages to step out of it, even if it seemed impossible, is truly strong.
Go find the crystal within you people. Go look for it when everything is crashing down.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten