vrijdag 20 april 2012

The solid bracelet

So, the exercise I'm working on right now is a solid bracelet. With an hinge system and a clip-lock.( eeerr... or whatever it is called in English )
First I had to make a lock with an extra safety system, to understand the mechanic.



It was actually a lot more simple than what I imagined it would be.
however, the one I made is rather big. I'm sure that if I have to make the same type of lock smaller, it will be a lot more difficult.

Once that was done, I could start on the bracelet.
I made two plates, made them round, and the smallest one ( the one that will be on the inside ) I decorated with a fantasy pattern. when done I cleaned it all up nicely.

After that I soldered the two plates on a third plate. This was quite the challenge.... since it's silver I had to heat the entire piece just to solder the sides of the bracelet.
So, it took a lot of patience to get it done.



so, after cleaning it again, I did the other side and then... yes I cleaned it again.
Then I had the file the entire piece as well, because of the constant heating when soldering, the surface of the silver was completely stained and that can only be removed with rough work.

but yeah, once done with all that, it looked like this :



So, monday I'll have to saw the entire piece in two, make the hinge and the lock.
The lock will be placed withing the hollow part of the bracelet.
So, the lock itself won't be visible.

*sigh* it was quite the work, but I like where it's getting.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten