zondag 22 april 2012

about my drawings so far

So , you can have an idea of what I make and how I work.
As some may now already, my 'personification ' is my main source of inspiration.
Therefor the drawings I make are mostly character designs, some with a deeper meaning and other just plain simple characters.

 This, is an older peice of mine.
Actually I'd love to redo this one, since I think I'd now handle it differently. not to mention the paper quality was awfull, making the entire piece look smudges and blurry.
This piece is called " Blackened porcelain ". and it's about that if you do not accept your fragility but fear it instead, you'll just end hurting yourself.
This porcelain doll, is afraid to be broken if she'd go out to see the world.
Sso, she uses string to chain herself, to force herself never to leave.
These strings represent her fear, and in the end they start to control her, consume her... and after a while she starts to lose herself.


An unfinished piece. I've always been fascinated by crystal children.
So, this drawing is about their beauty and the mysteru about them, yet...how their gift is a burden as well.
The reason I never finished this was because I have no idea how to colour this.
Should I use only a few colours ? or none at all ?


Many people see something different when looking at this piece.
Some say it's an ode to creativity.
other say it's the cruel reality of how an idea can completely break and consume a mind.
And then there's the story of how this girl has created an imaginary world, deep within her, and to her it's so real, it changes her as well .


This piece grew out of a small piece of coral that was laying next to me when I was watching Naruto on my pc.
'Dreamy ' ...' floating yet firm... '...' always reaching for the surface' ... ' unique and mesmerizing ' ...' silent yet a powerfull existance ' ...' from a complete different world ' those were things that filled my mind when looking at it.
So, I drew a beautifull girl, dreamy, looking up to the sky, an image that would be a mesmerizing moment for whoever is standing there next to her.
For the anime/manga fans out there. They's probably notice the sand headband in her hair.
Well, like I said, I was watching Naruto when I drew this.
Plus, since I wanted to place her in a world where she'd stick out, I'd figured the sand village would be the best place for her to be.
Coral in the middle of the dessert....maybe she's dreaming about the place where she was born ?


'Nezumi' or ' the rat '.
I guess I don't need to explain what he's the personification from  ?
He's sneaky, hardly ever seen, a shadow, intelligent yet his this little thing about him that makes you either runaway from him, or hug him. :3



This man, is steam. Once again no need to explain what he's the personification from .
A worker, loyal to those that he cares about, never stressed, always calm and collected.
and existance you'll never capture or understand. Steam can go around, above, underneath, any obstacle with ease. Even though it doesn't really have a place in mind of where it wants to go.


This character design is the personification of many, different material, making a complex character with many dreams, ambitions, weaknesses, talents, strong points and weak points....
One that changes her mind quickly, yet is too stubborn to say so.
She confuses herself and everyone around her.




The personification of ink... This is a costume I made, and I later on printed the pictures and added ink.
Strong, feminine, unpredictable yet strong, mind of it's own, leaves a mark,  elegant yet rough....
Has the gift to create and destroy.
( picture by Leroy Photography, Model Lotte liese )









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten