zaterdag 21 april 2012

Face-up!



So, I went to Leuven today to bring Blood's head to the faceup artist, Lotta.
She noticed I was so nervous, and so she was so kind to let me stay a little and watch as she did the first layers of his faceup.


My heart skipped a few beats when she started to work on his blushing.
I mean, someone is drawing on your doll's head.... It's rather nerve wrecking.


I know you can hardly see anything on this picture.
But if you see the before and then this, you'd notice the subtile blushing on the cheeks, ears and eye sockets.
Also, the lips here have a more healthy colour and she already placed the base of the eyebrows.

gnnn... I'll have to miss him for a while now! She first has to finish a face up for someone else's doll...But hey! As long as the faceup is done well I don't really care how long it takes. (  the other doll she has to paint is from the same company as where I bought Blood. The odds of this are SO small, since it's such an un-known company! It was ' Jack ' The boy doll with the cat face )

Especially because she said his eye sockets are tricky to paint, because they are very deep where they meet the nose, and so the paint always gathers up in that spot.
So, when working on the eyes she has to be very patient and do one small part at a time.
God I'm so curious to see the result!

I loved the look she got in her eyes when she took his head out of the box and saw him for the first time.
" What a gorgeous mold! "
I love it when someone so experienced with these dolls compliments me on my taste in molds... Especially since she only buys smaller, kid BJDs.
For her to like a doll of this size is rare!

While he's gone I'll order him some clothes, a wig and shoes.
She gave me some very interesting sites that have clothing in his size.
( it's not easy to find those, because he's from a non commercial one-woman company )

And, what also isn't so easy to find is quality clothing that isn't too expensive.
I won't be paying $ 260 for a clothing set....


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten