vrijdag 20 april 2012

And so Blood becomes Phosphene

I'm actually so nervous for tomorrow!
Blood is going to get his faceup!

He's finally going to be one step closer to my story's main character, Phosphene.

You have no idea how long I've been looking for a male BJD, to turn into one of the characters of my fantasy story i'm working on.

I went from doll company to doll company yet NEVER found the Male BJD I was looking for.
Meanwhile Milinda, a good friend of mine, had already found 3. and ordered all three of them as well.
After months of looking I kinda gave up on it, and decided to make another character.
Vincent Valentine, a character out of Final Fantasy 7.
I had no idea where to look for him, so, I made a post on DOA, asking people to help me out to find the perfect mold.

One of them, Told me to have a look at Immortality of Soul. A one-woman-doll company that only makes male bjds. But unique sculpts and expressions as if they're not from this world.

It's there I saw Blood.
People that have BJDs as well, will recognise this feeling, seeing your perfect BJD.... You stop breathing and you KNOW that doll was made for you.



I immediatly forgot about my Vincent plans, Bloods expression, facial structure aso.... they fitted the athmosphere of my story so well. It was like he walked straight out of it!
Sadly, He was a limited edition and was already sold out.
My heart broke... and for the next month I visited the IOS website to look at the pictures of Blood everyday , hoping she might re-make him again one day.
And, like it was a sign from heaven, she announced that Blood was going to be re-sold, yet again, limited.
I had to be sure I was ready as soon as she opened the orderings.
Sadly, I was at work then, and I couldn't get near a computer.
Thanks to Milinda though! I managed to get my hands on one!
She ordered one for me as soon as the ordering started.
The next day they were sold out.

He was stuck at the postal office for an entire month, it drove me crazy!
But once he arrived, I was soooo happy!
And then.... the box opening begins.
It's the most nerve wrecking moment of all! You've always seen the doll on pictures but never irl.
Who knows... he might not look like on the pictures at all!
Also because he was completely nude, plus no faceup, or eyes, or wig....
Once you open the box you're so afraid you'll be dissapointed!

But, as soon as I saw Blood's nude face, I was in love. He looks even better than I had hoped!
Not to mention his body was so flexible and easy to pose!

So....tomorrow I'll have to miss his head for about a month!
But once he's back I'll finally get to name him Phosphene!
He'll look amazing I'm sure! seriously just look at that face.... no way it can go wrong with a face like that.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Phosphene is a great name, and beautiful word (I recently named an art piece of mine "Pixel Phosphene Boy"...)
    Congrats on getting the perfect doll for your character! Why is it always a limited that captures one's heart... =w=

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. So true! I absolutely love the word. It sounds beautiful and the meaning is just gorgeous as well.
      First time I heard the word I wanted to make a personified character of it so badly!

      And yes...I agree with the limited part as well.
      I guess it's because they always have this unique sculpt, different and more experimental from the others.

      Verwijderen