dinsdag 24 april 2012

Messing Butterfly exercise

To be honest, I really REALLY hate this assignment.
It takes way too long and not to mention it's pretty boring as well. ( and, it's far from pretty )
This was a metal wire bending exercise. The wings had to be exactely the same. So folding the first wing wasn't too hard...but to make the second one perfectly the same was rather annoying.
Also, every wire within the wings had to have a different diameter, so the preperations alone already took a lot of time.
It's almost done now though ( thank god)

Now, I only need to solder the wings onto the back of the body, add the eyes and polish everything up.
*sigh* I'm so glad I'm almost done with this.
Yeah, that's the annoying thing about technical exercises, they're far from pretty.
( well in this case they are )
I'll ask my teacher of this class if I'm allowed to 'pimp ' it a little once he evaluated me on this exercise. I might be able to make something out of it....

Normally. I would have visited my previous school, the Royal academy of fine arts, when class was over.
but, I've been feeling ill all day and can hardly speak.
My voice seems to have vanished....
So, I figured it'd be best to go see my old classmates some other time, because I'm sure there will be a lot of talking and asking....So, one needs a voice to do that.


4 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm sorry about how you're feeling. And when I was on the Blogger dashboard, I saw this picture and thought it was quite nice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. oh why thank you ^^
      I guess it's just because I'm not a fan of the material, and the overal design....

      But, it is a great exercise ! And who knows I might be able to make it more to my liking.

      Verwijderen