zondag 10 juni 2012

Me as a super villain ?

Every evening on facebook I have an awesome 'rpg ' chat with a friend, Rodney.
yesterday however, no actual rpging happened, But, he did ask me something I'm really excited about!
He lives in The Netherlands, and there he has this irl roleplay group.
This means they actually meet up, have their own characters, and work out an entire storyline in a role playing manner. ( they don't really fight, or wear costumes. They all sit around a table the entire time and it's more like a boardgame )
My friend Rodney is the ' storyteller'. it's his job to think about plots, future events, and in this case, the villain.
He asked me what my favorite super power is. Naturally that's summoning! The idea of just creating a beast out of nothing or opening a portal to another world to let creatures slip through, is something I find truly fascinating.
So, he then told me he was going to use me as the super villain for the next IRL RPG.
Isn't that awesome ? somewhere in the Netherlands an entire group of people that have never met me, will be fighting against me ( as their characters ofcourse ) for the next months.

So, he also asked me to draw myself as a super villain, to give his group a reference of who they'll be facing. Plus, to think my powers out. My super villain name, what type of summoning I use aso....
( picture looks awfull here, Go check it out here http://myfragility.deviantart.com/art/Mother-307535635 in a better quality )

He explained to me how these super powers work in this univers, and so how a summon would look like.
everyone in this word with superpowers has a red energy dwelling inside called quantum materia.
Therefor I made it look as if this energy is leaking from my eyes and hands, and the floating materia then takes a monster-like shape.
also I came up with this:
My super villain name will be ' mother '. since the creatures I summon are actually creatures I create myself from scratch. I think about their powers, appearance, personality aso.... Some monsters only take a few days to create, other months, and some even take years, to make them as 'perfect ' as possible.
Once created I can summon them anywhere, anytime, and they see me as their mother.
Which explains the name!
The awesome thing about being the main villain is that I can actually go all out, and so don't need to worry about being ' too powerfull' because that's kinda the idea here!

On a side note, I just love to draw with ink. drawing feels so natural when working with this material.

I hope he'll keep me updated about how the story progresses. I'm really curious to see how this ' me ' character will be like.
I'm also thinking about joining a irl rpg group in Antwerp. I know where to find them and I'm going to drop by one day to ask if there is room for a beginner.
I've already asked some people to actually start a group ourselves, and they seem pretty excited about it as well. I'll look into it a bit more!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten