vrijdag 8 juni 2012

Blood's faceup!

My BJD, blood by Immortality of soul, has been staying over with Lotta for the past month.
( uh...I kinda beheaded him though. His body is still right here with me. He looks creepy with that metal hook instead of his head. )

Yesterday I got the news from Lotta his second faceup was done!
You see, she had done one before but we both agreed that it wasn't what we wanted.
So, she started all over again, and this time it looks amazing.

I explained to her what I wanted, but since she's the faceup artist and has more experience than me in that field, I gave her some freedom on how she wanted to translate my idea to the actual faceup.
What I wanted was his eyebrows and eyelashes to be white, she could add subtile grey touches if she wanted to.
A bright, white line on the top eyelid, thin, but it had to be a little extreme, otherwise it would fade away between all the other white elements. A red line on the inside of the eyelids, Red pops up extremely when combined with white, so she could do with that what she believed what was best to not take the attention away from all the other parts of the face up.
The eyelids itself are molded pretty deep, which I believe is lovely, she could accentuate that by adding lighter and darker parts, accentuating the shape of the eyelids.
And last but not least, very soft looking lips, with that i mean no full pouty looking lips, with gloss and lots of colour. they had to be subtile, manly.
I also gave her white eyelashes to glue on the top eyelids, they were a little too long for my taste... she told me should could fix it, so that made me really happy.

in the end, the first faceup she send me was rather....not what I had expected. The eyelids were way too dark, black even, while I had skincolour in mind. The red line and the white line were looking way too agressive, and the grey eyebrows yet black eyelashed made everything look unfinished.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39998307@N06/7189380176/in/photostream

so, we had a chat about what was wrong with the faceup, what was good, what needed changes aso...
So, she tried all over again, and I must say..... I'm REALLY pleased with the end result. It's even better than what I expected it would be! It's so him as well.... this faceup fits his personality SO well! and it brings out it's gorgeous facial structure just perfectly! I'm so madly in love with him right now...I can't wait to have him home here with me, reunite him with his body ( hehehehe ) and take a lot of pictures!
I'll finally get to call him Phosphene as well....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39998307@N06/7342486928/in/photostream



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten