vrijdag 10 mei 2013

My next BJD

I've been keeping an eye on Doll Chateau for a while.
Their first doll already left a huge impression on me. It was SO different from all those other doll designs.
The main reason I love BJD's is because they have something haunting, strange, mesmerizing yet enchanting over them.
Most people find them ' creepy ', Yes I too experience something ' awkward ' when around them. But I can't really call it uncomfortable. They make me curious and I find them terribly fascinating.
They inspire me a lot as well. It's strange how an object can trigger so much feelings, emotions and creativity.

The doll chateau dolls have what I find so amazing about BJD's.
Most BJD companies focus on beauty and perfection. They, with their perfect skin, gorgeous figure and model-like face.

But, it seems to me Doll chateau tried to break away from all that.
For them its about impressions, emotions, strong and haunting images.
Faces you won't forget and figures that go beyong human perfection.
They don't want to make a perfect doll, they want to make art.

So, for a while I've been keeping a close eye on Doll chateau, because it was a young company, I realised they still had to find their trademark.
But I just knew that one day they'd make a doll of which you could say " yes, they finally found themselves! This is Doll Chateau ! and this is how it should stay "

And I must say, I think they finally got there!
I can't wait to see their new releases, but their last three dolls all already on my want list.
I won't be able to afford all of them ofcourse, but if I ever have to money, I will buy a Doll Chateau!







Just look at how creative they are with their joints. It doesn't just give the doll this unique look but also gives these dolls a level-up on posing!
I just want to have one of these in my hands, I'm so curious about how they pose.
C'mon even their hands and TOES have joints!

I did laugh a little though when I found out the male dolls actually have ' testicle ' joint.
It's so wrong, that it's awesome.

Here, an image of their feet, because I love those so much




Aren't they adorable ?

Oh you could go SO creative with these dolls. ( they all come nude, no wig, eyes, outfit, what so ever, so you are forced to ' do your thing ' with them . )
I could make something very fantasy-ish or sci-fi -ish...or Horror-ish ....
Like a spirit, something from another planet...or universe... Or just a wise creature that's far beyond human understanding.
They're so out of this world. I just LOVE them. 
I've been thinking about just buying a body and order a head somewhere else.... But I dunno. Their faces are pretty amazing as well..... 

But ofcourse...
I'll need money...
And who knows, they might release a doll I'll love even MORE

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten